The 10 Tallest Roller Coasters in the World
What should not be missing in any amusement park are roller coasters. There are, however, many different models, large, small, extremely fast and rather harmless, wooden roller coasters and even “underwater” roller coasters. Of course, the highest roller coasters are among the most spectacular. These can be found in different countries.
The 10 tallest roller coasters for all adrenaline junkies
In 2016 there will be a new roller coaster at number one, the SkyScraper, which is located in the SkyPlex in the USA. At the moment this roller coaster is still under construction. It should reach a height of 173 meters and wrap around a tower. The journey will go down partially vertically, with the gondola turning around itself with the passengers.
At the moment, the Kingda Ka, who is in the US in the Six Flags Great Adventure, is still in first place. This roller coaster is 139 meters high. At the start of this train, the speed is so great that the cable has to be cooled by water. The roller coaster itself can still be seen from the Seaside Heights Bridge, which is 34 km away.
In second place of the highest roller coasters is the Top Thrill Dragster, also in the USA, at Cedar Point. The height of this vehicle is 128 meters. This model is a steel roller coaster designed by a German engineering firm and built by a Swiss company.
Third place can also be found in the USA, in the SIX Flags Magic Mountain. Here is the 126.5 meter tall Superman: Escape from Krypton. This steel shuttle roller coaster was opened on March 15, 1997.
Fourth place is the Tower of Terror II roller coaster. You can find it in Dreamworld, Australia. It has a height of 115 meters. When this opened in 1997, it was both the tallest and the fastest roller coaster or world.
The smaller of the tall roller coasters
From fifth place on, the highest roller coasters are all under 100 meters, which is still an enormous height.
The Steel Dragon 2000 in Japan, which can be visited in Nagashima Spa Land, takes fifth place. It impresses with a height of 97 meters. A big highlight of this roller coaster is that it still holds the record as the longest roller coaster. It leads over a length of 2479 meters.
The Millennium Force is 94.5 meters high at Cedar Point in the USA. It is in 6th place and extends over an area of 5.3 hectares.
In seventh place is the Leviathan roller coaster in Canada’s Canada’s Wonderland. This is 93.3 meters high and a top speed of 148 km / h. In Canada, this is not only the tallest, but also the fastest roller coaster.
Eighth, the Intimidator 305 in the Kings Dominion in the USA, is stately 93 meters high. This had to be defused a few years ago, as blackouts occurred with some passengers. However, there is no longer a problem here.
Ninth place is in Japan, in Tokyo Dome City. It is the Thunder Dolphin roller coaster with a height of 80 meters.
The Fujiyama roller coaster in the Fuji-Q Highland in Japan is only one meter lower. This vehicle measures 79 meters in height. For all friends of fast speed, there is guaranteed to find something here.
- Anglofone Caribbean Literature
- Asian Agriculture
- Burma The Unknown Asia
- Colombia Is a Natural Destination
- Denmark Landmarks
- Europe Economy
- Eu Trade Policy
- Kazakhstan History
- Kenya Massages and Endless Savannas
- Madagascar Kingdom of The Lemurs
- Mexico Hot Tacos and a Warm Atmosphere
- Panama As a Tourist Country
- Poland a Historical Cultural Site
- The Most Important Cities in Japan
- Vatican a Treasure Trove for The Cultural Tourist
- Greece Population and Economy January 25, 2022 - Population The population of the country is, from an ethnic point of view, remarkably homogeneous, even though it has undergone a long and complex series of changes internally. The last… Read more
- Germany Arts and Architecture in the First Half of the 20th Century January 18, 2022 - At the turn of the 19th century. an intense elaboration of problems made urgent by population growth and urbanism and connected to the debate on art, crafts and industry solicited… Read more
- Brazil Economic Conditions Part 2 January 11, 2022 - Deforestation The lands made available by the cutting of the forest, for their part, are very far from the regions with the greatest population and, moreover, present not a few cultivation… Read more
- Brazil Economic Conditions January 4, 2022 - General framework Only in recent decades, and in forms not yet completed, has the Brazilian economy been freeing itself from its colonial origins. In the past, it has always been based… Read more
- Trinidad, Cuba December 28, 2021 - Trinidad, Cuba: Fantastic beaches, attractions worth seeing and unforgettable flair Cuba is one of the most popular vacation destinations in the Caribbean. The island state attracts millions of holidaymakers from… Read more
- Attractions in Guilin, China December 21, 2021 - Guilin, China: Travel to the pearl in southeast China The prefecture-level city of Guilin is located in the Guangxi Autonomous Region and has retained some of that free spirit itself.… Read more
- Rabat and Fes El-Bali, Morocco December 14, 2021 - Rabat Royal city by the sea Rabat is located on the Atlantic coast and is the capital of the Kingdom of Morocco. Together with Fès, Meknes and Marrakech, it is… Read more
- Kelpies and Melrose, Scotland December 7, 2021 - Take a study trip to Scotland, a country in northwestern Europe! Visit the capital Edinburgh with Edinburgh Castle, the Houses of Parliament, the monument to Sir Walter Scott, St. Giles… Read more
- Moraca Canyon, Montenegro November 30, 2021 - The Morača Gorge is one of the most beautiful river gorges in Montenegro. The name comes from the river of the same name. An example of the power and strength… Read more
- Colombia State Overview November 23, 2021 - Country names The name of Colombia was conceived by the Venezuelan Francisco de Miranda to name the union of the current republics of Ecuador, Colombia and Venezuela, in homage to the one who discovered America, Christopher Columbus. According… Read more