The 10 Tallest Roller Coasters in the World
What should not be missing in any amusement park are roller coasters. There are, however, many different models, large, small, extremely fast and rather harmless, wooden roller coasters and even “underwater” roller coasters. Of course, the highest roller coasters are among the most spectacular. These can be found in different countries.
The 10 tallest roller coasters for all adrenaline junkies
In 2016 there will be a new roller coaster at number one, the SkyScraper, which is located in the SkyPlex in the USA. At the moment this roller coaster is still under construction. It should reach a height of 173 meters and wrap around a tower. The journey will go down partially vertically, with the gondola turning around itself with the passengers.
At the moment, the Kingda Ka, who is in the US in the Six Flags Great Adventure, is still in first place. This roller coaster is 139 meters high. At the start of this train, the speed is so great that the cable has to be cooled by water. The roller coaster itself can still be seen from the Seaside Heights Bridge, which is 34 km away.
In second place of the highest roller coasters is the Top Thrill Dragster, also in the USA, at Cedar Point. The height of this vehicle is 128 meters. This model is a steel roller coaster designed by a German engineering firm and built by a Swiss company.
Third place can also be found in the USA, in the SIX Flags Magic Mountain. Here is the 126.5 meter tall Superman: Escape from Krypton. This steel shuttle roller coaster was opened on March 15, 1997.
Fourth place is the Tower of Terror II roller coaster. You can find it in Dreamworld, Australia. It has a height of 115 meters. When this opened in 1997, it was both the tallest and the fastest roller coaster or world.
The smaller of the tall roller coasters
From fifth place on, the highest roller coasters are all under 100 meters, which is still an enormous height.
The Steel Dragon 2000 in Japan, which can be visited in Nagashima Spa Land, takes fifth place. It impresses with a height of 97 meters. A big highlight of this roller coaster is that it still holds the record as the longest roller coaster. It leads over a length of 2479 meters.
The Millennium Force is 94.5 meters high at Cedar Point in the USA. It is in 6th place and extends over an area of 5.3 hectares.
In seventh place is the Leviathan roller coaster in Canada’s Canada’s Wonderland. This is 93.3 meters high and a top speed of 148 km / h. In Canada, this is not only the tallest, but also the fastest roller coaster.
Eighth, the Intimidator 305 in the Kings Dominion in the USA, is stately 93 meters high. This had to be defused a few years ago, as blackouts occurred with some passengers. However, there is no longer a problem here.
Ninth place is in Japan, in Tokyo Dome City. It is the Thunder Dolphin roller coaster with a height of 80 meters.
The Fujiyama roller coaster in the Fuji-Q Highland in Japan is only one meter lower. This vehicle measures 79 meters in height. For all friends of fast speed, there is guaranteed to find something here.
- Anglofone Caribbean Literature
- Asian Agriculture
- Burma The Unknown Asia
- Colombia Is a Natural Destination
- Denmark Landmarks
- Europe Economy
- Eu Trade Policy
- Kazakhstan History
- Kenya Massages and Endless Savannas
- Madagascar Kingdom of The Lemurs
- Mexico Hot Tacos and a Warm Atmosphere
- Panama As a Tourist Country
- Poland a Historical Cultural Site
- The Most Important Cities in Japan
- Vatican a Treasure Trove for The Cultural Tourist
- Colombia State Overview November 23, 2021 - Country names The name of Colombia was conceived by the Venezuelan Francisco de Miranda to name the union of the current republics of Ecuador, Colombia and Venezuela, in homage to the one who discovered America, Christopher Columbus. According… Read more
- Canada State Overview November 16, 2021 - Administration Canada is divided into 10 provinces and 3 territories (Yukon Territory, Nunavut Territory and the Northwest Territories). The provinces have their own constitutions, legislative bodies elected for 5 years… Read more
- Crete in Greece November 9, 2021 - With an area of 8,260 km², the island of Crete is the largest island in Greece and almost independent. Crete is by deep ravines divided into four main provinces. The… Read more
- Canada Geography November 2, 2021 - The Canadian shield forms the largest natural area, which with five million km² takes up half of the land area of Canada. It has a bowl-shaped shape with arched edges.… Read more
- Kilimanjaro 5895m, Machame Route and Safari, Tanzania October 26, 2021 - Basic travel information We ascend the seven-day Machame hiking trail to Africa’s highest peak, Kilimanjaro. Along the route we stay in double mountain tents. The calm ascent to the mountain… Read more
- Nakasendo Trail – Japanese Cultural Trek October 19, 2021 - Basic travel information Welcome to embark on an unforgettable journey into Japanese culture, combining old traditions with a modern local lifestyle. During the Empire, the Nakasendo route connected the cities… Read more
- Kazakhstan History October 11, 2021 - As a country located in central Asia according to COUNTRYAAH, Kazakhstan covers an area of 2.7 million km². This makes the country about four times the size of France and… Read more
- Canada Entry and Immigration October 5, 2021 - In terms of area, Canada is the second largest country in the world. It has one of the lowest population densities in the world. Located in North America, Canada borders… Read more
- California Water Management September 28, 2021 - For the international picture of America, California is in a way the antipode to New York. While the city on the east coast represents modern city life like no other,… Read more
- The Nile – Egypt’s Lifeline September 21, 2021 - The Nile is the longest river on earth. It rises in areas of central and east Africa with high levels of precipitation and flows through the desert regions of Egypt… Read more